If + Subject + Past Perfect … subject + modals ( would, could, might) + have V3
1. If we had known that you were there, we would have written you letter.
(kalau saja kami tahu kamu berada disana, kami sudah mengirim surat padamu;
yang bermakna bahwa kami tidak mengirim surat karena kami tidak tahu kamu berada di sana / I did not know that you were there so I didn’t write you a letter.
2. He would tell you about it if he were here.
3. If he didn’t speak so quickly, you could understand him.
Bentuk inversi (tanpa “IF”) untuk pola ini :
Had + subject + V3…subject + modals (would, could, might) + have V3
kalimat diatas bila ditulis inversinya menjadi :
Had we known that you were there, we would have written you a letter.
tanpa mengubah makna maupun arti.
Contoh Soal :
- If it _____ so cloudy, we would plan on having the fair outside
b. was not x
d. had not
- If she ______ to advance her clock one hour, she wouldn’t have been late for work
a. should have remembered
b. could remembered
d. would have remembered x
- If I were rich, I ______ to Canada to learn English.
a. will go
b. would go
c. will to go
d. would have go
- You should pass this _____ exam _____ if you have studied _____
a. easy, easily, hardly
b. ease, easy, hard
c. easily, easy, hard
d. easy, easily, hard
Sumber : https://fleshlightvibroreview.com/